Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2015 9:47 am  #1

Livistona saribus installed 2/26/15

Haven't even got them mulched yet!

http://i62.tinypic.com/wbxkxe.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/2nuu6w8.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/w7oakm.jpg

Professional Horticulturist since 1985.  Grew up near St Louis, MO and never liked winter.  Still don't, even here in Central FL.  At least the palm palette is better!  Our garden Winter Haven is USDA Zone 9a/9b

3/01/2015 9:56 am  #2

Re: Livistona saribus installed 2/26/15

looks good Keith

Palm Tree Huntings

3/01/2015 10:05 am  #3

Thanks, Dennis.  Welcome to the new format.  Btw, what pix hosting site do you use?

Professional Horticulturist since 1985.  Grew up near St Louis, MO and never liked winter.  Still don't, even here in Central FL.  At least the palm palette is better!  Our garden Winter Haven is USDA Zone 9a/9b

3/01/2015 10:11 am  #4

Photobucket

Palm Tree Huntings

3/01/2015 10:23 am  #5

should i change Keith?

Palm Tree Huntings

3/01/2015 2:03 pm  #6

Nice looking palms Keith!

Zone 6a, 20 miles SE of Pittsburgh
Previous gardens in Dubois, Pa, Walnut Creek, CA, and Lancaster, NY
Other gardening interests: Edibles, attracting hummingbirds and butterflies, and deer resistant, variegated and fragrant plants

3/01/2015 5:31 pm  #7

Dennis Surfside Beach SC wrote:

should i change Keith?

Not in my opinion.  I was wondering if I should.  Tinypic is awful due to the ads.  I figured yours was better.

3/01/2015 5:33 pm  #8

Brad - Pittsburgh wrote:

Nice looking palms Keith!

Thanks, Brad.  I was hoping other folks would enjoy some pix without cold in the subject line!  I plan to do a major work over of that entire bed now that the Livistonas are in there as anchors.  The neighbors place is looking a bit junky and we don't want to focus on that while hanging out by the pool.

3/01/2015 9:12 pm  #9

Test? Looking good!

3/02/2015 7:08 pm  #10

I am so lost ,but lets see if im doing this right.this will take some getting used to.

3/02/2015 7:25 pm  #11

I forgot to say how much i love your sunroom,and everything looks great.i like to never figured out  what i was doing.

3/02/2015 9:46 pm  #12

Keith,
They look great. You've got an awesome piece of property there. It looks like you'll have a nice palm canopy there in the future to shade your pool in the summer.

3/03/2015 12:09 am  #13

karenr nc wrote:

I forgot to say how much i love your sunroom,and everything looks great.i like to never figured out  what i was doing.

Your doing great Karen!

3/03/2015 8:28 am  #14

karenr nc wrote:

I am so lost ,but lets see if im doing this right.this will take some getting used to.

Karen, if its any consolation, I have no natural comupter skills at all.  So, I know you will get the hang of it.  Tinypic works for me when posting the pix, but I think I'm going to give photobucket a try too.  Dennis has good look posting pix from there.  The problem with Tinypic is the incredibly annoying ads.  They are so obnoxious that it probably doubles the amount of time required to post a dang pix!  I understand their business model reqires ad revenue, but if the ads make it nearly impossible to use the site, forgeddabout!  

3/03/2015 8:31 am  #15

karenr nc wrote:

Thank you!  We're a bit scruffy at that moment.  Hope to have all scruff under control by mid May, just in time for the rains to come!  

Board footera