Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/28/2015 2:37 pm  #1

Great

It would be great if this board took off. The reason I liked the Cloudforest PNW board was that it was made up of people from the Pacifice Northwest that have similiar conditions of growth and how they dealt with that when growing plants that are growing on the edge for that region. I learned a lot from that board, but since that board has been combined with the tropical palm board, there hardly is anyone from the PNW there anymore.

I don't know why people have drifted away, maybe the economy, bad weather killing plant collections, blogs, and/or facebook. Anyway good luck.

2/28/2015 4:19 pm  #2

Re: Great

Hi John. I'm excited about this as well. I'm going into Seattle tomorrow and will try and take some pics of Eucalyptus, palms and any cool plants I see. Supposed to be sunny

2/28/2015 4:52 pm  #3

Re: Great

Thanks for the positive feedback.  We'll give it some time and see if this goes anywhere.  I agree that a separate forum for the Northwest is nice and may still have potential.  I certainly have nothing against Axel; I appreciate him hosting the PNW site at Cloudforest all those years.

Note... If you're going to post pics, it may not let you do that unless you make a bunch of posts (2? 10?) without pics first.  Another user has encountered this issue so I thought I'd give you a heads up.  So far it doesn't look like I have control over that, which is lame but maybe not a big deal in the long run.

This is my signature.  I may update it in the future.

Board footera