Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/14/2015 5:53 pm  #1

Needle Palm (Rhapidophyllum hystrix) for Trade

Have 11 of varying sizes.  See pic.  Don't want to mess around selling them.  Only interested in trading for other cold hardy palms or tropicals of equivalent size and quality, especially interested in yuccas that form a trunk. For a nice yucca, I'll let them all go.  Anything offered must be growing in zone 6.  These were divided a week ago.  All have an existing root system.  None of them are just bare offsets set in the ground. 

Last edited by Cosmo (6/14/2015 6:01 pm)

6/17/2015 10:28 am  #2

Re: Needle Palm (Rhapidophyllum hystrix) for Trade

Really no one has anything to trade?  Being new, I'll be the first to send my end of the trade.

6/29/2015 3:21 pm  #3

Re: Needle Palm (Rhapidophyllum hystrix) for Trade

Best I can offer are seed from one of the 3 Sabal minor, Monticello [Georgia] plants I brought with me when we moved from Lilburn, GA to Fredericksburg. The seed won't be ready for harvest until Fall, 2015.

If we can cut a deal, I'd appreciate it, particularly since my raised-from-seed Chinese Windmill, a 10+ yr-old plant, did not survive our harsh winter. Previous winter's low of 6*F. appeaed not to faze the plant; this past winter's of -.0.5 did the ugly deed. Up here, I'm now sticking with natives. Thanks.

Board footera