Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/02/2015 4:56 pm  #1

Rhapidophyllum hystrix Seeds

I have quite a few Rhapidophyllum hystrix seeds harvested late last year (2014) for sale.  Prices are as follows:

$4/10
$8/25
$15/50
$28/100
Shipping is usually $2.32 within the continental U.S.A.  I won't charge any more than it costs me.
Message me if interested.

3/02/2015 9:16 pm  #2

Re: Rhapidophyllum hystrix Seeds

Frank... From seed are they as slow as Sabal Minors in there Seedling stage... or about the same ?    I know at least here Needles seem to grow equally as fast as minors do here in zone 6 out of there seedling stage.. so how many years on average does it take for them to grow out of there strap leaf stage ?  Thanks 

3/02/2015 11:55 pm  #3

Frank, you would be better served asking an experienced commercial grower like Gary Hollar than asking me!  While I do have several hundred seedlings coming along, I just started growing them from seed a few years ago myself.  They are pretty slow, but no slower than s. minor.  They respond well to regular watering and feeding, and I think you can get one out of the strap leaf stage in about 3-4 years.  I would pot them up into one gallons by the second year though if you had the room.  I kept a bunch of them in the strap leaf stage for 6 years by leaving them in very small pots and neglecting them severely!  I finally got around to potting them up last summer and they exploded.

3/10/2015 9:38 am  #4

Hi Frank, I'm interested in some seeds if you have any left. Thanks Chris

3/10/2015 11:03 am  #5

Plenty left!  Message sent.

5/07/2015 3:05 pm  #6

Hello Frank - I'm new to the boards, so cannot PM you.  I'd like to purchase some seed from you.  I am very interested in R. hystrix and it's difficult to find!  Do you still have seed left?  Thanks - Jen G.

Board footera