Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2015 1:28 am  #1

Tips for posting images and links to these forums!

All right, I think I have figured out what is possible as far as posting images to this forum.

First of all, there are limits on new users posting images... you have to post two posts before you can include images in posts, and you have to post ten posts before you can put a lot of them in.  I didn't know that until some users told me, and I am pretty there is nothing I can do to change that unfortunately.  A couple folks here, Brian and Keith, just made a thread of empty posts just to get to #10, that's fine by me (it's easy to delete).  In the long run I don't see this as a big deal, more of a minor annoyance.

Second of all, it seems you cannot upload images directly to the forum via TinyPic or similar.  I admit that is a nice convenience of the old format if you just want to show one photo.  But most of us have photobucket accounts or some remote place photos can be stored.  That is what you will want to do to post photos here, I think for now unless I find out something different.

Third, this forum uses BBCode not HTML.  So if photobucket gives you a URL for your image with HTML attached to it, you need to drop the HTML and replace with BBCode.  This is not necessarily a bad thing; BBCode is actually very easy to use.  I offer an example below.  The top text is what you would want to type to get an image to appear.  It's just the URL with those tags at the beginning and end.  Remember the image has to already be online somewhere.  

Below that is an example of how you would input a link to another web site.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2ng7hir.jpg

You can read more about BBCode at sites like this: http://www.dailywritingtips.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode
or just Google it.   Good luck!

This is my signature.  I may update it in the future.

3/03/2015 6:58 am  #2

Re: Tips for posting images and links to these forums!

Hey, I was never able to figure it out on the other board, butdo yo know if and how those little weather widgets could be inserted?  I tried yesterday, but it says it's either more than 400 characters; or possibly it's HTML?

Zone 6a, 20 miles SE of Pittsburgh
Previous gardens in Dubois, Pa, Walnut Creek, CA, and Lancaster, NY
Other gardening interests: Edibles, attracting hummingbirds and butterflies, and deer resistant, variegated and fragrant plants

3/03/2015 11:14 am  #3

Man, I really need to proofread... corrected lots of errors above.

I actually did disable the function that would allow images in signatures, since I felt it would be visually distracting.  If I were to enable that it would probably work.  I suppose if everyone agreed not to put anything too large in there then it might not be a problem.

3/03/2015 4:00 pm  #4

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/trophybuck/trophybuck003/spinning_earth_by_atillathehungarian-d39ldm9_zpsvq6i7x4w.gif

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/trophybuck/trophybuck003/saturn__spinningA_zpsmkp3uix6.gif

Palm Tree Huntings

3/04/2015 6:37 am  #5

Hey Dennis, for someone who doesn't know how to type, you sure can get pretty fancy with a computer!  Now quit showing off and show me how to get a weather widget!

Zone 6a, 20 miles SE of Pittsburgh
Previous gardens in Dubois, Pa, Walnut Creek, CA, and Lancaster, NY
Other gardening interests: Edibles, attracting hummingbirds and butterflies, and deer resistant, variegated and fragrant plants

3/04/2015 11:31 am  #6

dennis i agree with brad,quit showing off lol,that is cool

3/04/2015 2:52 pm  #7

http://yowindow.com/img/screens/widget/shot4.jpg

Palm Tree Huntings

3/04/2015 4:35 pm  #8

Brad i was rasied up on HTML and the BBCodes can be harder but Ian can allow HTML on some things.
LOL Karen.

Palm Tree Huntings

3/20/2015 1:58 pm  #9

Ian, my password is not working on the hardy palm page.  Can you please reset my password and you can email me at hhod123@msn.com to let me know what it is.  Thanks!
Andrew

3/26/2015 1:07 am  #10

Andrew, I emailed your new password a day or two ago, but let me know if you did not get your issue resolved. 

1/06/2017 1:51 pm  #11

I think that last guy spammed or something, not palm related!

1/06/2017 1:51 pm  #12

I tried posting a video but it will not let me post it, do I have to really make ten post to do so then>?Confused. 

Board footera